These are cookies that are necessary to ensure the basic functionality of the website.
Take advantage of the effects of sludge hydrolysis.
LysoTherm® is a novel, patented system for thermal disintegration of organic sludge, in particular sewage sludge. Its unique design enables the effective, economical and reliable disintegration of sludge, even in smaller treatment plants (from about 30,000 PE).
The goal: The improvement in the anaerobic stabilisation (digestion) of organic sludge, particularly sewage sludge. This increases the gas yield and consequently the energy gain. At the same time, the organic residue in digested sludge reduces and sludge dewatering improves – the dry matter content (DM) in the dewatered sludge increases. The volume of sewage sludge to be disposed is reduced.
The LysoTherm® operating principle
- The sludge pump (feed pump, 1) feeds the sludge into a multi-stage heat exchanger system. The feeding takes place continuously.
- The pre-heating takes place in the first stage of the heat exchanger system (2), then the sludge is heated to disintegration temperature in the tube reactor (3).
- The actual disintegration takes place in the disintegration reactor (4) at a fixed reaction temperature; the sludge typically remains there for 30 - 60 minutes. The disintegration reactor is generally designed as a pipe system. The sludge then cools down in the cooling stage (5) until it reaches the temperature required for the digester. Alternatively, it can be mixed with cold primary sludge to reach the digester temperature.
- The heating of the system takes place via two heating circuits: On the one hand, through the thermal oil circuit (6), which provides the necessary process heat in the tube reactor, and on the other in the regenerative circuit (7) in which water acts as the heat transfer medium. The regenerative cycle makes the heat recovered from the disintegrated sludge in the cooling stage available for the preheating process.
- Effective, flexible, indirect thermal process for sludge hydrolysis
- Multi-stage heat exchanger system for continuous operation and maximum operational reliability
- No steam required, no entry of additional water into the substrate during heating
- Robust, wear-resistant, space-saving system design
- Standardised modular system
- Low operating costs, in particular low energy costs due to the high heat recovery in the regenerative circuit and the heating of the heat carrier thermal oil through the CHP waste heat
- Easy operation and maintenance