Location: Indian Queens, Cornwall, United Kingdom
Due to sustained growth at Eliquo Hydrok, we are seeking to recruit for the exciting new position of Bid Manager, based at our head offices in Cornwall.
Eliquo Hydrok is a major supplier of water treatment M&E plant to the UK’s water companies, manufacturing a wide variety of plant and equipment at our factories in Indian Queens, Cornwall and Tavistock, Devon, along with our installation depot in Wombwell, Yorkshire.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Bid Manager will be responsible for leading the tendering team. Key duties include:
- Manage the preparation of multiple tenders for schemes typically ranging from £0-£1m and up to £10m.
- Manage workloads on engineers, assistant and administrator accordingly.
- Develop a sound working knowledge of the company's technologies offered.
- Promote the appropriate training and CPD of the tendering team members
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all contractual requirements and obligations across tenders and negotiate contracts in line with acceptable risk profile.
- Review NEC contracts (both in receipt and to let) for acceptability.
- Collaborate with projects dept. to ensure contracts in negotiation are in-line with typical contract risk profile.
- Support the Supply Chain Manager in contract preparation to suppliers.
- Representing the Company at project meetings as required.
- Working together with projects, technical and production disciplines to help ensure consistency of delivery.
- Ensure project budgets are clearly disseminated to the projects dept and appropriately broken down.
- Act as a project manager for a small number of schemes when essential, pending handover of awarded schemes to the projects dept.
The Bid Manager will be responsible for the routine collation of tender-related metrics for the monthly reports to the Sales Manager and in turn the Board on;
- Value and composition (by product type, customer) of tenders issued.
- Value of order intake.
- Assessment of win ratios
Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of tendering / project cost control management within the water industry and will have demonstrable knowledge of NEC forms of contract. Experience in people management will be essential and is a thorough competency with Microsoft office suite software. Experience in formal management processes and continuous improvement methodologies is desirable, as is experience in the use and implementation of ERP systems.
Usual working hours are 8:30 to 17:00 Mon - Friday, with an attractive remuneration package appropriate to experience, use of company vehicles for business travel and excellent holiday provisions. The post also offers excellent prospects for further career development within an exciting and growing engineering business.
Salary – Dependant on qualifications and experience.
To register your interest please send your CV to Lewis O'Brien, send email or call on 01726 861900.