Location: Indian Queens, Cornwall, United Kingdom
The Junior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for assisting in carrying out all quantity surveying duties. These duties will include reviewing contracts to mutually agree terms with all contracting parties, valuing variations, compiling compensation events and carrying out regular financial reviews of ongoing programmes to ensure successful delivery of works programmes.
Main duties & responsibilities
Specific objectives and deliverables will be agreed as part of your annual performance and development review (PDR) process, the points below are a summary of main duties and responsibilities.
• Prepare estimates, financial forecasts, bills of quantities, specifications and schedules of rates.
• Carry out regular reviews of schedules to ensure their continued relevance and produce trend information on usage of rates.
• Assess compensation events and valuations of variations.
• Undertaking financial checks and monitoring costs of schemes against budget.
• Compile final completion reviews encompassing financials from contractors and suppliers including the resolution of contractual claims and settlement of contracts.
• Undertake analysis of contractors during programme and following contract completion assuring compliance with contract terms and conditions, legal and regulatory requirements.
• Attend pre-contract, progress and other related meetings relating to the commercial delivery of works programmes.
Usual working hours are 8:30 to 17:00 Mon - Fri, with an attractive remuneration package, appropriate to experience, excellent holiday provisions.
Salary – Dependant on qualifications and experience.
To register your interest please send your CV to Carol Woon, send email or call on 01726 862000.