These are cookies that are necessary to ensure the basic functionality of the website.
Ultra-Fine Bubble Diffusers
At the root of each Eliquo Hydrok solution is an Aquaconsult AEROSTRIP® diffuser. This range of ultra fine bubble diffusers transfer oxygen to effluent more effectively than any other type. This efficiency allows the designers at Eliquo Hydrok to reduce blower sizes, reduce air main diameters, and make savings on valves and other hardware.
Energy efficiencies in the range 40% over existing systems are being provided. By adopting the Eliquo Hydrok solution, immediate cost savings can be gained, or perhaps more significantly, existing plants can be upgraded - with the increased efficiency the capacity of an existing plant can be increased, sometimes eliminating the need for costly civil structures or new sites.
How it works
The operational life of an Aquaconsult diffuser is typically in the range of 14-20 years, and with the unique way in which the membranes self- clean, whole life costs are reduced, and man entry into tanks for maintenance purposes is avoided.
The increased efficiency of the Aquaconsult AEROSTRIP® diffuser is due to the very fine bubble that is generated - this presents a greater surface area for any given volume of air to the flow compared to any other system. However, increased efficiency is also provided due to the general arrangement of the diffusers and the fact that they are secured directly to the tank floor; this increases contact time, and the curtain effect of the bubble pattern avoids dead areas.
- Flat design, allowing the ‘AEROSTRIP®’ to be fastened directly to the floor of the tank
- Capable of intermittent operation allowing for both nitrification and de-nitrification
- Water flow created by a mixer is not hindered by the diffusers, unlike a dome design
- No precipitations can occur underneath the diffusers
- Oxygen transfer efficiency up to 60%
- Aeration efficiency 3 to 5 kg O2/kWh
- 0 to 100% control of air flow range
- Non-clogging diffuser membrane
- Low maintenance requirements and costs
- Extended operational life expectancy